Emilia Romagna is located in northern Italy bordering Tuscany and Le Marche to the south and Lombardy, the Veneto and Liguria to the north. There are 5 noteworthy DOC sub zones within Emilia Romagna where lambrusco is produced including:
- Lambrusco di Sorbara
- Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro
- Salamino di Santa Croce
- Lambrusco di Modena
An interesting discovery from my studies during my certification program was that lambrusco was a "wild vine" that grew in the brughi, or water canals/ditches, in the plains and fields of southern Emilia Romagna. It's a cross between the classic vitis vinifera vines and "wild" species vitis sylvestris.
|Copyright of Federdoc|
Here is a preview of what is to come on Saturday June 1st amongst our group of food and wine bloggers. Plenty of lambrusco to go around. Pick up a bottle and join us for our online Twitter chat Saturday June 1st 11am EST at #ItalianFWT as we chat all about lambrusco.
- Camilla from the Culinary Adventures with Camilla will be featuring "Every Wine Deserves a Second Look: Warmed Brie with Mulberry Chutney + Cleto Chiarli Lambrusco di Sorbara Vecchia Modena 2018"
- Jill at L'Occasion shares "La Collina Biodynamic Bubbles -- Lambrusco!
- Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm highlights "Lambrusco? Really??"
- Deanna from Asian Test Kitchen will showcase "Top 5 Fast Food Pairings with Lambrusco"
- Jeff at Food Wine Click will share "Lambrusco Shines with Red Fizz and Fun"
- Cindy of Grape Experiences will feature "Italian Old-School Classics: Easy Drinking Lambrusco with Spicy Vegetarian Pensa Romana"
- Marcia of the Joy of Wine will be highlighting "Lambrusco - The Star of Emilia-Romagna"
- Linda from My Full Wine Glass will be sharing "Drinking Lambrusco in Strawberry Season"
- Pinny of Chinese Food and Wine Pairings is focused on "Picnicking with Scarpetta Frico Lambrusco"
- Lauren at The Swirling Dervish will be sharing "Revisiting Lambrusco with Francesco Vezzelli Rive dei Ciliegi"
- Nicole with Somm's Table shares "Cooking to the Wine: Pezzuoli Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro with Antipasto Pizza"
- Gwendolyn of Wine Predator will be showcasing "Bugno Martino's Organic Lambrusco Defy Expectations"
- Susannah of Avvinare will be featuring "Sparkling Lambrusco from Vitivinicola Rota"
- I'll be hosting and sharing "Over 150 years of Dedication to Lambrusco with Cleto Chiarli"