As we cross into these first few days of May it is time for our Italian Food, Wine and Travel group (#ItalianFWT), hosted by yours truly, to highlight the wines of Orvieto. Many of the writers of this group have partnered with the Consorzio Tutela Vini Orvieto to sample a number of wines from the various terroirs to share with you.
We welcome you to join us live to chat on Twitter at 11am EST with hashtag #ItalianFWT as we dig into the Orvieto DOC wine appellation, the wines and suggested pairings. We look forward to sharing our knowledge and wines with you!
|Copyright of Consorzio Vino Orvieto|
Here is a preview of the articles that some of our writers are preparing for this weekend to be featured by Saturday May 7th. If you would like to join in, please email me at at dot com with your title and information.
- Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm will be sharing “Umbrian Red Wine Spaghetti and a Book Review
- Liz at What‘s In That Bottle is wondering “Why Aren’t we all Drinking more Orvieto?”
- Robin at Crushed Grape Chronicles will be writing about “The multifaceted white wine of Umbria”
- Lynn at Savor the Harvest will be focusing on “Appreciating an Ancient Italian Wine Made For Today’s Palate”
- Camilla at The Culinary Adventures of Camilla is “Celebrating Spring with + 2020 Orvieto Classico Superiore"
- Lisa at The Wine Chef is pairing “Umbria’s Famous White Wine, Paired With Spiced Pork Tenderloin”
- Nicole at The Somms Table will be featuring “Easy Springtime Dinners with Orvieto"
- Pinny at Chinese Food and Wine Pairings is uncovering “Orvieto White Wines - Hidden Treasures From Umbria”
- Linda at My Full Wine Glass is writing about “White wines from the heart of Central Italy”
- Susannah at Avvinare will be “Getting reacquainted with an old friend: Orvieto Wines”
- Myself, as your host at Vino Travels, will be highlighting “Orvieto, Italy’s Classic White Wine”
To start to familiarize yourself with these wines I’m sharing a piece I wrote after attending a virtual tasting around the same time last year, “What you need to know about the wines of the Orvieto DOC” and "Meet the Producers of Orvieto". There is also a fantastic informative video on Youtube, "Orvieto DOC: The Magic & Mystery" shared by Tanya Morning Star Dlaring of Cellar Muse for your knowledge.