If you are in Tuscany this weekend there is an event being held by the Lega del Chianti, “League of Chianti”. They are hosting an event this Saturday at 16:00, Chianti Classico: Storia, Vini e Vitigni Unici, “Chianti Classico: History, Wines and Unique Varietals”. In speaking with Giovanni Sordi, whom is a master taster of wine and oil and whom is the senior advisor of the league, there will be a host of speakers at the event including speakers that are all prominent figures of Tuscan research at institutes and universities. The event includes the following:
- Barone Giovanni Ricasoli-Firidolfi (General Captain of the league) for a greeting
- Roberto Ariani (Commissioner of Greve)
- Giovanni Sordi discussing the theme of the conference
- Paolo Storchi (speaker from the Istituto Superiore Viticoltura) discussing the evolution of chose varietals in the territory of Chianti
- Mario Bertuccioli (professor at the Universita degli Studi di Firenze) discussing the sensorial characterristics of sangiovese in relation to the territory.
- Zeffiro Ciuffoletti (professor at the Universita degli Studi di Firenze) discussing the Chianti region as a cultural asset
Finishing off the event is a tasting of a dozen wines, each representing different parts of the terroirs of the Chianti Classico region, also known as the Gallo Nero. It's followed with a buffet of foods that are typical products of the Chiantigiana area.
To attend the event you can contact Signore Milena e Daniela at email@example.com or contact at 055 2608890. It's only 10 euro. I wish we had prices like that for an event such as this in the states. I will report back information shared at the event to help educate on this world wide famous region of Italy.